The right level of Brightness on your Computer Screen is as important as Sunlight in your life. If you work on your computer the whole or more than 6 hours a day, it is necessary to set your computer brightness level correctly in order to keep your eyes safe and healthy in your life. We may not consider it so strongly but it affects so much our life and can cause a headache, depression, stress, and a lot of other problems you face in your daily routine.
You can easily change the brightness level on your PC. If you don’t know how to change brightness on Windows 10, you should follow the tutorial and make sure that you keep adjusting the brightness level of your computer according to your workstation, room, or any other area where you usually or occasionally work. Read on. If you don’t want to change or reset the brightness level, don’t worry, Microsoft always cares for you. Microsoft allows you to set automatic brightness levels so that brightness would be adjusted according tothe lighting of the area; you don’t need to do much. If you want so you can do it manually with your hands as well. Both the actions can be easily done if you want to know how? Make sure you read the complete article.
How to Manually Change Brightness Level on Windows 10
To manually change the brightness level on Windows 10, press the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open Settings. You can manually open the Settings from the Start menu or by searching on the keyboard. Now go to System>Display. Beneath Brightness and color, use the change brightness slider. To the left will be dimmer, to the right brighter.
If the slider is unavailable, it’s one of the two things. If you’re using an external monitor then use the button on that to change the brightness. Otherwise, you need to update the display driver. To do this, you will need to press Windows + X and click on Device Manager. Expand Display adapters and then right-click your graphics card. Now click on Update Driver and follow the wizard.
How to Change Brightness Level on Windows 10 PC using Keyboard Shortcut
Save your time while working and adjust the brightness level in windows 10 using a keyboard shortcut.
First of all, press the Windows logo and key A simultaneously to open the Action Center on your PC. Now, press Shift and Tab keys ( Shift + Tab) to choose the brightness slider.
Now, use the left and right arrow keys to adjust the screen brightness.
How to Change Brightness Level on Windows 10 using Windows Mobility Center
To change the brightness level on Windows 10 computer using the Windows Mobility Center, click on the search bar on the right corner of the Windows button on a computer screen. Type mobility in your taskbar’s search field, and then click on “Windows Mobility Center.”
Now, use the Slider under Display Brightness to adjust the brightness level.
How to Automatically Change Brightness Level on Windows 10
The other benefits of adjusting the brightness level in Widows 10 will decrease energy consumption and increases the autonomy of your device. For laptops and tablets, Windows 10 has a setting that automatically changes the brightness of your display according to the Power Mode that you use. To enable this option, click on the Power icon in the system tray. You can find in on the right side of the taskbar, and then access Battery Settings.
Now, in the Battery settings, Windows scroll down to the Battery saver section. Check the box at the bottom, next to the “Lower screen brightness while in battery saver” option. Now, these settings automatically dim the screen when your device is trying to save battery. Click on the Power icon in the system tray again, and move the Power mode slider all the way to the left for “Best batter life.” As long as your device is not plugged in, this should lower the display brightness, thus saving battery.
How to Access More Brightness Settings
The Display Settings in Windows 10 System Settings includes other options.
1.First of all, right-click on the brightness button in the Action Center using your mouse to open a pop-up menu, and then go to Settings with the left mouse button.
Alternatively, if you’re using a touch device, perform a long press on the button with your finger. The Go to Settings option appears when you release your finger from the button.
2. Now, drag the slider under Brightness and Color to adjust the screen brightness. Toggle the Night Light Button to On. This feature reduces the amount of blue light emitted from your device’s screen, making everything appear more orange. It’s commonly believed blue light can keep you awake at night so you should reduce your exposure to it in the hours leading up to bedtime.
3. Now, you will need to choose Night Light Settings to customize this feature. In the Schedule section, set a personalized schedule or opt to turn the feature on from sunset to sunrise.
4. Now, close the Windows when finished to apply the Settings.
How to Adjust Brightness On Windows 7
If you are running Windows 7, you can still change or adjust brightness. The process may differ but it’s easy to follow.
1.First of all, click on the Power options icon appearing on the bottom-right corner of your screen. If you don’t see this icon anywhere on the bottom-right side of the screen, open the Start and Click Control Panel.
2. Click Adjust screen brightness. This link is near the bottom of the pop-up window. Doing so will open the Power Options menu. If you had to open Control Panel, click the on Power options here instead.
3. Now, click and drag the “Screen Brightness” slider left or right. This slider is at the bottom of the Windows. Dragging it left will reduce your laptop’s screen brightness while dragging it right will increase the brightness.
In case, you don’t see the “Screen Brightness” slider at the bottom of the Power Options Windows, you will need to restore it before you can adjust your laptop’s brightness.
How to Adjust Brightness On Windows 8
If you want to adjust brightness on Windows 8, follow this quick guide.
1.First of all, log on to the Windows 8/Windows 8.1 computer with the user account on which you want to adjust the screen brightness. From the Start screen, click on the Desktop tile. On the Desktop screen, hover your mice to the bottom-right corner of the Windows.
2. From the displayed Charms bar, click Settings. On the Settings pane that appears in the right, click Control Panel. On the Control Panel Windows, go to System and Security. Click on the Power Options category, on the Power Options windows, click the Change Plan Settings option representing the Balanced (recommended) radio button.
3. Click on the Save Change button once you are satisfied with the screen brightness. Once done, close all the opened Windows and boxes.
Hey Guys! This was the guide about how to change brightness on Windows 10. As we already mentioned that how important to control brightness level on Windows PC for you good health (especially for your eyes). We have discussed here different ways to change or adjust brightness level on your Windows 10. 7, 8 computer. You can also set automatically brightness level by turning on the battery saver mode on your computer. Hope you understand the steps mentioned in this article and find this article helpful. If you have any doubt or question regarding this article, makes sure you leave the comment in the comment box.